Welcome to Face of the Alliance 2021! This is the place to register your companion animal, as well as submit and check votes (once the voting period starts on November 3rd). You can always email us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org!
In 2009 the Alliance initiated a contest to select the Face of the Alliance, a pet that will represent the Alliance throughout the year. It is now time to select the Face of the Alliance for 2021!
The first place winner will appear on the Alliance Newsletter, monthly e-newsletters, and the Alliance website through 2021! The first place winner and three runners up will receive an Alliance t-shirt.
1. By entering this contest, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these official contest rules. The decisions of the Missouri Alliance for Animal Legislation (Alliance) and its administrator shall be final and binding.
2. Entrant must be 18 years or older.
3. This contest is open to the Alliance’s supporters, friends, and donors. The Alliance reserves the right to eliminate or disqualify any entry at any time at the Alliance’s discretion. If your entry is disqualified, entry fees paid will be promptly refunded. The Alliance and/or its administrator are not obligated to acknowledge why an entry has been disqualified.
4. Entrant must be the sole owner and copyright holder of the photo(s) you submit to the contest.
5. By submitting your photo to the contest, you give the Alliance an irrevocable perpetual royalty-free right to use your photo(s) to promote its mission.
6. PHOTO ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Do not include any branded products, trademarks or logos in the photo, title or description. Each photo must contain only pets. Each photo must be original work of the Entrant, may not have won previous awards from the Alliance, may not have been published previously, must not infringe third-party rights, and must be suitable for public viewing, i.e., may not be obscene or indecent. Because the Alliance promotes the compassionate care of all pets, photos and photo captions showing or describing unsafe situations or not exemplifying responsible pet ownership, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will not be considered. The pet in the photo must be owned by the Entrant. Entrant represents that he/she owns all rights to each element of his/her photo. The Alliance’s determination as to whether the photo potentially violates the rights of any third party is final.
7. To submit your entry, email your pet’s photo to: email@example.com and pay the $10.00 entry fee. You must submit one photo per pet with each $10.00 entry fee. You may enter more than one pet, but each pet photo submission requires a separate $10.00 entry fee.
8. Deadline for photo submissions is November 2, 2020.
9. The general public can vote for their favorite pet online from November 3rd through November 22nd, 2020 until midnight. Each vote cast costs $1.00 with a minimum of 5 votes per transaction.
10. The winners will be announced online on November 23rd, 2020, and notified at the email address provided by each winning Entrant. The first place winner will be required to sign a photo release form for the Alliance.
11. Prizes: The first-place winner will appear on the Alliance Newsletter, monthly e-newsletters, and the Alliance website during the year 2021! The first-place winner and three runners up will receive an Alliance t-shirt. In the event of a tie, winners will be determined by a committee of judges selected by the Alliance.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why does my vote cost money? This is first and foremost a fundraiser. Funds raised will help the Alliance continue its work in Jefferson City to enact, support, and protect animal welfare legislation.
2. Can I vote more than once? YES! Vote as much as you like and as often as you like. Remember though, each vote costs $1.00 with a minimum of 5 votes per transaction.
3. Is my vote tax deductible? No. The Alliance is a lobbying organization and, therefore, contributions are not tax deductible.
4. When will the winners be announced? The winners will be announced online and through emails provided by each winning Entrant on or before November 20th, 2020.